Since I posted the photos of the carving process of the 18-meter-high Granite #603 sculpture of Goddess of Mercy, Guanyin Bodhisattva taken at our carving workshop in Hui’an in southeast China’s Fujian province it’s been almost one month. Today on January 6, 2016, we have a very happy completion. How sweet and kind and loving and wonderful she is!
Guanyin is an East Asian deity of mercy, and a bodhisattva associated with compassion as venerated by Mahayana Buddhists. The name Guanyin is short for Guanshiyin, which means “Perceiving the Sounds (or Cries) of the World”. She is also sometimes referred to as Guanyin Bodhisattva (Chinese: 觀音菩薩). Some Buddhists believe that when one of their adherents departs from this world, they are placed by Guanyin in the heart of a lotus, and then sent to the western pure land of Sukhāvatī.
Commonly known in English as the Mercy Goddess or Goddess of Mercy, Guanyin is also revered by Taoists as an immortal. In Chinese folk religion there are mythical accounts about Guanyin’s origins that are not associated with the Avalokiteśvara described in Buddhist sutras.
Names in Asian countries
- Gwun Yam or Gun Yam in Cantonese, also Kwun Yam in Hong Kong or Kun Iam in Macau.
- Kannon , occasionally Kan’on, or more formally Kanzeon, Kwannon, in Japanese.
- Gwan-eum (Hangul: 관음) or Gwanse-eum (Hangul: 관세음) in Korean.
- Kuan Im (Thai: กวนอิม), Phra Mae Kuan Im (Thai: พระแม่กวนอิม), or Chao Mae Kuan Im (Thai: เจ้าแม่กวนอิม) in Thai.
- Kwan Yin Medaw (Burmese: ကွမ်ယင်မယ်တော်) in Burmese.
- Quan Âm or Quán Thế Âm in Vietnamese.
- Kwan Im, Dewi Kwan Im, also called Mak Kwan Im “Mother Guanyin” in Indonesian.
- Preah Mae Kun Ci Iem in Khmer.
- Natha Deviyo (Sinhalese: නාථ දෙවියෝ) in Sinhalese.
- Chenrézik in Tibetan.
The above two photos are taken of statue of Guanyin that we have already finished in one piece of granite in this August.
Feel free to contact Evan whenever you want a great quote for any figure statue in natural stone materials. We know how to ship to your place. Our factory is less than 2.5 hours drive to Xiamen port of loading.
- ZHANG Yaming
- QUANZHOU XINKAI STONE CO., LTD.
- Chongwu Qian-an Industrial Area, Jianming Stone Park, Hui’an, Fujian 362131 China
- Phone: +86-13696940690
- Fax: +86-595-87817605
- Skype: iStoneCarving
- WeChat: changidea
- QQ： 1290355001
- Email: email@example.com iStoneCarving@gmail.com